What is life these days so challenging? Deborah and I had good times while at school. Despite the fact that there were some challenges, we could figure out. Yesterday while at the coffee shop, I met a friend whom I didn’t expect to meet again. It was 2011 when we last met. Surprisingly, he had grown and to my expectations, I raised a question. ” Are you happy with this kind of life?” He told me a sentence. Actually it was very nice.
” We can’t be happy by seeking happiness, we can only be happy if we appreciate what we have,” he told me.
From his statement, I was very excited and we left each other, it was a good time for us to meet again and I learnt something from him. Thanks Franklin for the meet.
Now I want to share with you the seven tips you need to make a successful life and happiness.
- Do what you have to do. One time on my Facebook account, I met a gorgeous woman, she was beautiful and I couldn’t escape to ask her for an outing. It was so surprising that she was older than me. With a range of five years. when I realized this, I cancelled the outing. she was hurt. and she told me, ” In life do what you have to do, not what people want you to do” she was right. Whenever you choose to do what people expect you to do, you end up hurting your feelings and making them happy. Do what is right for you and leave people’s opinion for a happy life.
- Have few you can utilize than many you can’t use. What does it mean to hold 30 books that you can’t read? It is good to have 4 books that you can read. If you want to be happy and successful, avoid making more friends who could not help you urgently when you are in need. It’s not a crime to have few friends on Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter who can help you while in trouble. Friendship is very important but you should be selective.
- Don’t expect people to push you. It always goes like this ” don’t count chickens before they hatch” Don’t expect people to push you and your goals. you should live an independent life. Don’t depend on people every time. You are the true master of your goals and objectives. so you have to figure out how you move on independently.
- Be committed.
- No matter what goals you have set for yourself in life, you have to be committed. It’s through commitment that you’ll continue to make the improvements needed to better yourself. Whether it’s taking a chance on launching a startup, getting a gym membership to improve your physical well being, or taking a cooking class because you want to become a chef, commitment is what drives us all to become more successful.
- Money can’t buy happiness.
As The Beatles famously proclaimed, (money), “can’t buy me love.” You know what else money can’t buy? Happiness. Just because you’re earning six figures doesn’t mean that you’re necessarily content. Sure, money is obviously needed, and it makes some things easier. But, you should be focusing on your passion and not how much your paycheck is.
6.Be grateful. Love the life you have, and it will get even better. Gratitude — the simple act of being thankful — registers as optimism in your brain. Every time you have thoughts or express words of gratitude, you’re predisposing your brain to choose optimistic thoughts more frequently.
To help create an attitude of gratitude, keep a “gratitude journal”—a special notebook where you spend several minutes every day writing down things you’re grateful for. You’ll probably find that this practice trains you to be on the lookout for things to write down, and you may surprise yourself by discovering just how much you have to be thankful for.
7.Be kind to others.
Altruism not only takes your mind off your own troubles, it feels good to give. Acts of kindness release a gratifying flood of dopamine into your brain—giving you an instant sense of reward. Look for opportunities to volunteer in your local community, or simply help out folks in need when the opportunity arises.
Even when you’re busy, kind gestures like sending a thank you card, paying a stranger’s parking meter, or donating to your favorite charity don’t take much time. Kindness can even be as simple as a smile; studies have shown that even fake smiles legitimately improve mood.
- Surround yourself with friends and loved ones.
Friends don’t only make us happier, according to scientists, they help us live longer! Oxytocin, “the hormone of love,” floods your brain and body when you’re in close proximity to the ones you love. Having close friends may increase your life expectancy as much as quitting smoking. Plus, friends make your life a lot more fun. We all get busy, but to live a happy life, it’s important to make time for the people that matter to you.
- Get enough sleep.
Being chronically sleep-deprived can throw off your serotonin balance — a critical hormone for happiness. Maintaining a regular sleep pattern—going to sleep and waking up at roughly the same time each day — sets your internal circadian rhythm, which helps to regulate a number of hormones.
When you sleep, your organs recuperate, your cells regenerate, your thoughts suspend, and when you wake up, you are literally a new person. That means you can leave behind whatever was troubling about your day and start over with a clean slate in the morning.
- Notice your thought patterns, and change the negative ones
You’ve heard, “you are what you eat” — but how about “you are what you think”? You simply won’t be happy if the conversation going on in your head is all about everything that’s going wrong. Complaints, worry, and criticism — whether spoken out loud or simply uttered internally — become habits when they’re frequent enough.
Changing the habit of negative thinking is probably the single most important step I found to create joy in my personal experiments with creating a happy life.
When you are alert but relaxed, your brain can slip into soothing alpha waves — like a mini massage for your brain. Meditation may have numerous health benefits, ranging from reduced stress to slower aging, and yes — increased happiness. Not sure how to do it? I promise, meditation is not as hard as it seems. Try these three simple meditation techniques.
Up next, how to stop struggling with stress?